On 6/6/07, Zoltan Finks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, I love being exempt from emission testing. I am all for a clean
environment, but the long lines and rude employes who like to lean on your
car kinda suck.

Tell me about it.  If I had a dollar for every brain cell I've lost
breathing the exhaust of the cars in front of me in line at the DEQ...
Things have gotten a little better since the majority of cars on the
road now are OBD2 compliant.  The DEQ drones just plug in a handheld
tester and read off the fault codes---if there are any stored
engine-related codes (or if your "check engine" light is on) you fail.
Quick and easy for them (but a pain for you if the idiot light is on
for no good reason, or for an expensive one that you don't want to
deal with).

Ironically, though, the longest I've ever waited in line there was
behind a late-model Aston Martin.  Apparently it should have had an
OBD2 port, but nobody could find it.  Not sure how the story
ended---after an hour of head-scratching they shunted the Aston off
somewhere to let the cars behind it through.

Alex Chamberlain