"Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> When I was selling my SAAB recently, my wife told me, before I met
> with a potential buyer, "hey you don't have to tell him everything
> that's wrong with it - you talk the car down too much!". I had to
> pause and think: really? do I not disclose every single thing that's
> wrong? No, I think I should.

I don't think you have to disclose everything little thing that's
wrong.  Some things are obvious -- the buyer can see them by just
looking at the car -- faded paint for example, or worn carpet.  Some
things have been "broken" for so long you genuinely forget about them,
maybe the glovebox doesn't close quite right etc but you never use the
glovebox and you just don't remember to mention it.  I would not
consider that to be deceptive as long as there's no active attempt to
hide something.

If a buyer wants a perfect car they buy a new one, anyone buying used
should be prepared for some wear and tear.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230