I've been on a lot of machines & the best ride still is a Harley-Davidson
dresser or a BMW airhead (R bike) or oilhead (modern R bike). I'd ride
either of mine to Daytona Bike week (~700 miles) in one day and would
actually be able to walk when I climbed off the bike at the other end!

My CB750F is about a hundred-miler.  After that I'm ready to get off.
My dad's K100, or brother's GW (either of them) are good for considerably
longer in the saddle.  With limited funds, however, I'd go for the
cheaper bike and just not ride it so far.  Save something for later!

-- Jim