Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have a friend from college out in WA who regularly gets 300-400K
> miles out of ordinary Fords.  He was an A&P mechanic before being an
> engineer.  As you might imagine, the maintenance is impeccable.  When
> I was out there in 1993, he had a Taurus with quite a few miles on.

Years ago I worked at a pizza delivery shop which owned two Ford
Escorts.  This would have been in the mid/late 1980s.  They maintained
them fairly well, regular oil changes etc.  Aside from needing rather
frequent brake work (imagine that) they never seemed to have any real
problems.

Allan

--
1983 300D