LOL!

you hit on one of my pet Hardly Ableson peeves, and i just can't resist; what the heck are chaps for (aside from providing a certain 'look' in certain bars)? keeping bugs off of your jeans while you ride (although they don't often get worn with jeans in *those* bars you see them in around here,...)? they sure as heck don't provide protection to any bony bits when you fall, and what they leave hanging out is something most people wouldn't be anxious to have collecting scar tissue...

in case it's not obvious, i admire little about HD other than their success in marketing a 'lifestyle' (as opposed to their product, which would never sell if based purely on its own merits).

cheers!

LWB250 wrote:
My wife is a former Harley-Davidson exec.  We have
closets full of gear.  Not an issue.  I think I have
at least 5 H-D leather jackets at minimum.  Chaps,
boots, gloves, etc., you name it, I've probably got at
least one of everything you would need, at least.

My old H-D helmet's padding was sort of ratty, so I
went out and bought a new helmet last week.

Dan

--- ernest breakfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

$2K? did you already budget separately for dressing
to ride?

    while you can do it for cheaper if you're
careful, proper riding gear could easily cost you that much, or even more. "proper riding gear" = stuff you actually want to have on when (not *if*) you fall off, not the bottle-cap helmets and bar-fight costumes so many Hardly riders seem to be fond of... and don't think "i'll get 'X' now and the rest of the stuff later"; you're *most* likely to have an incident shortly after just starting or getting back onto a moto.

    note; don't skimp on boots! while the
consequences of not having a helmet should be obvious to anyone with a head worth protecting (wanna' relearn the alphabet *if* you live?), feet are statistically the most likely part of the body to be injured. not being able to walk can put a serious crimp in your style.

cheers!

LWB250 wrote:
[snippage]