they search my luggage every time as well, probably because i usually have a
laptop in the bag as well.  i never set a lock on my suitcase, so 000 opens
it up, but if it gets accidently changed over to 001, it is locked.  this
happened on one trip, so they took the liberty of breaking the hinge off
rather than trying 000.  they also took/lost my $5 travel alarm.  and then
they wouldn't give me a roll of that tape they used to seal it up as a
memento.  and they are completely fucking rude about it all.

why do i need this shit exactly?  oh, yeah, the same reason i need to lock
up people who smoke marijuana in the privacy of their own homes.  the same
reason i need to be murdering iraqi civilians, er, i mean, insurgents.