Ed wrote:

"Anyway, I'm now in the market for a second.  Problem is, what to get.

I also love the W126, and again, the SDLs I've seen look like they were
purchased to put LOTS of miles on them, and

the ones i've seen show it.  Maybe a 420 or 560?"

Why not a really nice 1990 300SEL?  Same engine as in your 300E except
that mine had the valve stems and seals fixed already. Mine has LOTS
less miles than yours and my car has no rust.

Aren't you in Canada?  Kansas isn't hard to find. Head south from your
house and go to the center of the US.  Then turn a little southeast.
Wichita is a little east of the center of the country.

Just don't take the wrong turn in Albuquerque (with apologies to Buggs
Bunny)

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 138K http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=221355344