Kaleb wrote:

"I think I saw a ticking on wiring harness replacement.  Even if not, I
got it cheap enough that I could

replace if need be."

What do you mean a ticking?   Do you mean a ticket?  Is the a/c cold?

The V8's back then had a problem that would manifest itself with lifter
noise.  There is some sort of tube (not the EGR tube) that feeds oil and
the lifters start to make noise.  But, from what I heard the condition
can last for years. A lot of them have the problem and have never been
fixed.

So, Kaleb, does yours have a ticking noise like  lifter?

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 138K (For Sale)