In a message dated 6/24/2007 5:52:43 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Uh,  yeah!

What is the situation regarding repair of air conditioning in  Arizona?
I had heard in the not-too-distant past that Arizona was ignoring  the R-12
ban for health and safety reasons. Is this still  true?

Craig

I have been doing industrial AC business for a long time and I had not  heard
that.  You CAN drive to Mexico and have your car serviced with R12,  but it
is not on the shelves in the two border towns that I frequent.  I  think I will
ask around next time I get into Mexico.

You can still buy R12 at NAPA with the proper license, the last I  checked.
It was about $30 a pound.

Interesting how R12 is still readily available after a production ban  of 20
years or so.  Not all countries signed the 87  Montreal Accord to stop making
R12.  India and China are two big  ones.  The "greening" of some counties has
resulted in "long green" for  others!

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 267 K miles  Still R12 and working
98  ML 320, 151 K miles