I have to say, I really like the new S Class.  I looked at a new one, and
also the coupe.  I think there was a big step forward in build quality over
the last S, from what I could see in 20 minutes anyway.  The previous one,
(the one after the W140) was cheap junk to me.  You could see the spot welds
through the paint on the ones I saw on the inner door.  I ran my hand over
one once and cut my finger!!  I thought it was a one off, but then looked on
other cars, and saw the same quality.  I also found it really
uncomfortable.  The only thing I don't like about the new S is that AMG seem
to be going a little overboard with the add ons.  Are they trying to woe the
kids who buy Honda civics?  Glad to see they are getting back on track with
quality.  It was kind of sad to watch them over the past several years.
Now, if they could just get that proper "thud" in the doors back. :-)

Ed
300E