Rich Thomas wrote:
> I'm trying to get the service records from the PO, if his sister who was
> cleaning out the parents' house has not thrown them out -- anyway, the
> radiator looks to be newish, and the rest of the car was very well
> maintained, and it does not run hot (and it is HOT here), so maybe it is
> just some way to get the fan to run if that sensor was bad (and it
> appears if it is, it would necessitate opening the system to change it
> as it is stuck right up there in the flow path).
>
> I might ponder it more, does not appear to cause any problems.
>
> Thanks for the info.

The temp sensor on the receiver/dryer can be removed without losing the
charge. It threads into a blind hole. In later versions (using a
Nippondenso compressor where a pressure switch rather than a temp switch
is used, the charge is lost when the sensor is removed. The low pressure
switch cannot be removed without losing the charge.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)