On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:38:09 -0400 Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Mercedes offers the following recommendations for adding oil to the AC
> system for ALL compressors (York, Delco R4 or A6 and Nippondenso:
>
> When system is suddenly emptied (blowout) add 40 ml
> When replacing Condenser add 20 ml
>    "    "    " Evaporator add 40 ml
>    "    "  Receiver/dryer add 10 ml
>    "    "     Intake line add 10 ml
>    "    "   Delivery line add 10 ml
>
> That's from the 1985 Tech. Data Manual and the 1988 TDM shows the same
> values.

How about when:

    - the system was suddenly emptied,
    - replacing the condenser,
    - replacing the receiver/dryer, and,
    - replacing the compressor?

For the first three, the amount would be 40 + 20 + 10 = 70 ml, but I don't
see the number for the compressor.

Also, in my situation, after the system was suddenly emptied, the
condenser was cut out and the copper lines left behind were crimped over
to seal the system. Recently though, the compressor leaked its oil onto
the drip pan in my garage. Can I replace seals on the compressor, or is it
just better to get a replacement from Rusty?

Thanks,

Craig