"LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I don't understand this - unless it's because of the UKs RH drive?
> In the US even W123s and 124s are not what I consider cheap - at
> least if you want one that hasn't been damaged beyond imagination.
> And the W126s are holding their value pretty well - W140s?  Forget
> about it -

In Europe, Mercedes-Benz is not really the exclusive luxury car it is
marketed as in the states.  It's still a higher-line marque, but they
do sell them with cloth upholstery, manual climate control, manual
windows, etc. as well as some compact "economy" models that we never
see here.  They are commonly used as taxis.  So it does not surprise
me that there are a lot more of the older models there, and they are
correspondingly lower in cost.

Allan
--
1983 300D