Formating - are you trying to format the drive that Windows boots
from? - Don't think it will let you do that. You could boot from a
floppy or CD with enough DOS or Linux to let you format the drive.

Cardbus - Have you read this paper?
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/cardbus1.mspx

On 7/7/07, Gary Hurst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> first off, i have 2 machines that simply won't let me format the hard drives
> as they seem to think something is running that prevents me from formatting
> them.  any thoughts?
>
> secondly, and more importantly, i'm trying to add pcmcia slots on these
> machines.  i have 2 different cards from 2 different manufacturers.  both
> assure me that i can run 32 bit card bus cards.  both promise plug and play
> installation.  but when i plug, they can see the cardbus card, but inform me
> that "the firmware on this system is not configured to allow the cardbus
> controller to be run in cardbus mode".  i would have thought it would be
> easy to find the solution to this, but it hasn't been.  however, i can take
> solace in the fact that thousands of other windoze victims have the exact
> same problem and they don't seem to have an answer either.
>
> you guys know how to fix this, right?  i'm running xp pro and have run all
> the updates i've been told to run.

OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."
-Benjamin Disraeli
'90 300D, '87 300SDL, '81 240D, '78 450SLC, '97 Ply Grand Voyager