I didn;t do it to save money.  I wanted the satisfaction of doing it myself.
And I did save money - I don't pay myself anything so my labor is free.
Plus, I ended up with several tools I can use again in the future and I've
learned a skill which will allow me to do repairs in the future if needed.
Actually I felt so good when done I told myself, I'd like to paint it again
in another 3 to 5 years or so.

Also, I know exactly what was done - no one charged me to do something they
didn't do or used smoke and mirrors to make me think what they did was
somehow magical.  It's just hard work, plain and simple.

And when I was doing all that disassemble/reassembly, I was able to
repair/restore things as needed.

But I will readily admit, the satisfaction was a big part.

Later --

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/
.