I'm still trying to get the algae sludge out of the fuel tank of my '95
E300D.
Last time I tried to remove the tank, I removed the two fuel hoses and
filter from the bottom.
Then I removed the filler neck and level gauge stuff from top, and removed
the four bolts around the perimeter of the tank, (that can be seen from the
tunk.)  The tank would not budge.  I even stated bending the tank as I tried
to pry it with a crow bar.  The CD shop manual does not mention any other
connections.

Is the tank bolted from the cabin, behind the back seat, or somewhere else?
Anybody ever removed a tank from a 124 who can tell me?

Thanks,
Ned Kleinhenz
'95 E300D
and too many others