That was quite amusing, Tom!  I should add that the Braille is not on the
screen where it's actually needed.  I still have to have a sighted person
help me with those things.  It's easier to just go into the bank and take
care of things with an actual person.
Blindness does have it's advantages though.  I can be more in tune with my
Mercedes than the one who's driving it since I can hear every noise, feel
every bump, etc.  I don't need light wyile probing under the dash or way
down inside the engine compartment, and there's been a few times I could
feel some tiny or hard-to-reach/see part and was able to save the day.  Of
course, valve adjustment is quite a tactile job too, but that's where the
advantages end since I can't see how much grease is under my fingernails
after dealing with the oily valve train parts.  I'll always remember how
that dead '81 300CD was towed and pushed into the garage, but was able to be
driven out of the garage under its own power once I adjusted the valves.
I'll be quite a bit more confident when adjusting the valves on the '83
300SD.  Right now, it's laid up in storage with the bad ball joint, but it
doesn't have a place to park at the temporary apartment.  By the end of the
year, I'll have a new house with a garage in which to work on it.  The ball
joint will be done by the pros once I find a shop here in the Portland, OR
area.  Does anyone (Alex) have any recommendations?

Kevin in Portland, OR
1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula