Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 21:36:27 -0500
From: "Tom Hargrave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] why you can't even in this day buy
 anydomesticcarunlessthe design and execution has been proven
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

I used to play with Chrysler 2.2 liter cars & one of the cars I owned
 was a
89 Lebaron Coupe GTC. The intercooled Turbo II engine was factory rated
 at
174 HP. Fortunately, I live in Huntsville AL, where the "brains" were
designed and manufactured.

I knew the software guys & got a "off road only" performance engine
 control
computer. The new computer plus exhaust modifications pushed the engine
224 HP.