While the AMG MB's are pretty fast, they're too heavy to be competitive -
else you'd see them entered in races all over.  It's almost impossible to
remove weight from a street car - it's always easier to start from scratch.

The AMG treatment for the V12 is pretty extensive - engine is removed, heads
modified, pistons, crank and rods replaced and they eventually get 600-700hp
out of it.

The real attraction to the SEC (Coupe) and SEL (Sedan) V12s are the immense
creature comforts while being able to cruise extremely fast and cover long
distances.

But they don't corner all that well - the weight is just too much of a
handicap.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/CLK_Black_Series/ shows the SLK V8 which is the
smaller 2 seat sport cars - a bit over 500 hp but awesome torque at 630.

I'd love to find a nice 380SEC but that V12 has too many unknowns for me -

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/
.