Luckily, nothing has happened while people's personal vehicles have been
transporting gear and boats.  However, up until recently, there was no such
insurance which infuriated me!  The question came up at a board meeting (how
much insurance do we have, and does it cover personal vehicles even if our
club doesn't own any?"  It was rectified the next day.  It is better to
"have your ducks in a row now than pulling the gerbil out of the rear end
later."  There is a plan in the works involving the purchase of a cube van
to use as the gear/boat transporter.  It would be the "race Transport Unit,"
basically everything needed to run a dragon boat race right there in the
truck all inventoried and ready to go, no counting, loading and unloading
before every race.  I hope it has enough steam to be approved.

Kevin in Portland, OR
1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula