From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Robert & Tara Ludwick
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 4:41 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Oil Consumption Creeping Up

If all the previously mentioned mechanical checks turn up nothing other than
blowby, the rings may just be getting a bit dirty. I've had amazing luck
with running a couple of treatments of Auto RX through old diesels.
It does wonders for cleaning up sticky rings and bringing compression back
up. I've even brought a couple of diesels back to life from the boneyard
with it ( doesn't always get all of  them  though,  it did bring compression
up on my old diesel  truck from the mid 100's to 200's , up to 405-420 psi
all the way around, but one oil ring on #4 wouldn't unstick for anything on
that one and I had to pull the thing ) check out www.auto-rx.com , not snake
oil, it really works. Worst thing that can happen is you get a clean engine.

-----Robert