On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:42:39 -0700 (PDT) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> No, I mean the equipment........Cheeap stereo's and lighting are very
> forgiving.  PC's and high draw electric motors are not so.

PCs have switch-mode power supplies. If they're designed properly they'll
take anything from DC to, well, not daylight, but the frequency isn't all
that important. Of course, cheap PC supplies probably aren't designed
properly. Now a days, a UPS is de reguier.

High draw motors, like our 3 HP well pump in Colorado, are only slightly
picky, though a lot more so than SMPSs.

Craig