I "think" the biodegradeable wiring came into the W124 line with the
introduction of the M104 engine in 1993. The 2.8 should still be an
M103, right?

As for getting the dealer to pay for it, the only successful people
I've heard of were the original owners and very good customers of the
particular dealer, and the dealer took it upon themselves. I don't
believe MB corporate has ever authorized a replacement.

Gary Thompson
1995 E320