Ah, thank you for that information.  Hopefully as a Japanese company
which usually strive for zero defects any issue with tires exploding
were addressed.
Of course it's hard to know if it was a manufacturing issue or nail
lurking for you that day.  I would think if it was widespread we
would have heard more about
it like the exploding Firestone Ford Explorer mess.  Even a few tires
exploding now can get NHTS to wake up like say for
http://money.cnn.com/2007/06/27/autos/chinese_tire_recall/index.htm

I note the warranty seems to be 60 months in the USA, but on only 4
years or 100K km in canada, that and they cheerfully take no
responsibility outside of any issue
than the tire, I'm not sure any other tire company would assume
responsibility for other damages either?

Well all of which doesn't make you a happy consumer either...