On 7/15/07, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "OK Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> Vista is a turd.  The only reason it will gain market share is that
> you have no choice: with few exceptions, all new Windows PCs are
> shipping with Vista.
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19747743/

I had a choice, I finally got sick of response time in Vista and
formatted my wife's laptop this weekend. Ah .... a beautiful Windows
XP Pro. After 463 reboots (needed for each individual driver install
you know.)

The thing is snappy now. I have Ubuntu on a partition, so I knew the
little guy had *some* power, but I am absolutely amazed at how fast XP
is running right now ... Not that I'm going to use Windows, but man,
she can get some work done now!

Ed

--
Knowledge is power... Power Corrupts. Study hard... Be Evil.