Yes and no.

There are laws that require pools to be enclosed with
some sort of fence or other construction that prevents
someone (small children) from just walking up to it
and falling in, i.e., drowning.  The screened
enclosures meet this requirement.

The screened enclosure does keep bugs, leaves and
other detrius out of the pool quite well.  I can cite
an example myself, as I recently had an untrimmed palm
tree slit a section of mine open like a fish with a
filet knife.  The opening couldn't have been more than
about 18" long, so figure that it was wide at the
middle and closed up near the ends of the slit.

The amount of dirt I got in my pool filter increased
substantially while that tear in the screen was
present.  As soon as the screen guy came by as
replaced it, my filter was considerably less cruddy.
I live 30 miles from the Gulf (at least) and there is
still a lot of dust and sand in the air.  I vacuum my
car's air cleaner housings out every few weeks, and I
can typically get a teaspoon of sand out of them.

Other than the "noseeums" that we get in the spring
for a few short weeks, you don't get any bugs inside.

Dan

--- Rich Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Could someone clue me in on that whole pool cage
> thing in Florida?  Here
> in TX we have skeeters and bugs and hot sun and
> whatever, but no one has
> those things.  Are they a requirement or something?
>
> --R
>
> LWB250 wrote:
> > Understand that in Florida a pressure washer is
> pretty
> > much a standard yard implement, like a rake or
> shovel.
> >  With the crap that gets on your walls, sidewalk
> and
> > screened enclosure over your pool ("pool cage")
> you
> > pretty much have to have a pressure washer to get
> > things clean.

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222