Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Did some idiot with an air wrench ever rotate your tires for you?

This shop uses an air wrench to remove the tires, but they hand-tigten
when putting them back on.  Could only speculate what might have
happened under the original owner's care.

> Or is there any chance the car left the factory with non concentric
> wheels?

Always a possibilty, I guess.  At this point, who could tell?  Though
I've not really noted any unusual tire wear during the time we've
owned the car.  I think I will try the "jack up a wheel and spin it"
test just to see for myself how noticable the problem is.  I do have a
dial gauge though I imagine that might be too fine-grained for this
purpose?

--
1983 300D
1966 230