Correct. 'd get under there, remove the push rods from the levers, and
use big pliers or a wrench to rotate the shafts into neutral.
I wonder if there is a mechanism to prevent engaging more than one
gear at atime in the tranny, or if that's supposed to be in the shift
lever? If it's in the lever, you should be able to rotate each shaft
through all it's positions - enabling you to verify that you've found
neutral for each one.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK