> <<If you have an email reader that can group messages by thread it's pretty
> easy to kill threads that are not interesting or have wandered off topic.
> But not all email readers do that well.>>

And I (among many others) will point out for the thousandth time that until
the header has something to do with the message content, sorting by thread is
worthless.

As for me, and I'm on digest, I look at the headers at the top of the page
and very often just delete the whole thing then and there.

Week before last I was in San Diego for a week and upon returning was faced
with pages of emails, both from this list, banned and the R/E list. And others.
I looked at a few, saw I had missed nothing, and deleted everything.

RLE