On 7/17/07, Walt Lasher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         Is there anyone who thinks there is way too much Off Topic material
> here on the list?
>         Maybe I'm an old stick in the mud, eh?
>
> Walt Lasher

I've come to view it like this: A person joins the list, lurks a
little, asks a question, gets a fix, and then comes to the thought of
"X knew Y about Z, maybe they know R about Q as well" and instead of
venturing out to make new "friends" they use a list they have come to
be comfortable with and use it for more than it's original purpose.

It's actually very intriguing to watch the social networking and
structuring that occurs between people here and the things they talk
about.

Besides, we all know that if we kept to Mercedes *only* content, this
would be a very slow list. Probably about 2 posts a week, as more
people learned to use the archive and found their needed info from
because fewer and farther between, we'd be better to look in once a
quarter.

It's one of the reasons Kaleb started a Linux list, for OT *NIXy
content, that doesn't get used as it should, because everyone is on
*this* list.

Just my 2 cents,

Ed
--
Knowledge is power... Power Corrupts. Study hard... Be Evil.