Hey -- wanted to thank you and others who nailed that problem with my
son's SD -- he cleaned out the manifold connection, car running better
but needs a bit more effort.  Anyway, it was his first wrenching, and on
his new ride, and it was quite satisfying for that to get resolved.

The vac pump issue -- I have had the diaphragm rupture twice on the TD,
lots of oil blowby and wouldn't shut off.  Easy enough fix, not sure on
the newer car how easy, but it should be tended to.

--R