My point is, that the rear appointments vary.

Yes, they do.  We had a '93 GMC extended cab that was configured like your
'97 Dodge.  The '06 Ram Quad Cab is comfortable in the rear with more leg
room  than the earlier extended/quad cabs.  The doors aren't "doorlets" like
those on the 1998.5-2002.  Those trucks didn't allow for easy entry into the
back seat since there was nothing to grab onto other than the seatbelt
anchor coming down from the roof.  The dog could jump in pretty easily
though.

Kevin in Portland, OR
1983 300Sd 267Kmi, Ursula