--- eric peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What's the best way to fix the loose Tex around the
> seatbelt openings on the door posts?  Its just
> starting to come loose and I want to tighten it up
> before I do a leatherique or lexol treatment on the
> seats and door panels.

Remove bottom plastic trim at base of pillar (two
phillips head screws.)  Pry up the sill moldings on
both doors, as the trim has little tabs that go under
each of the sill moldings.  It comes down and out
after the screws are removed.

The pillar cover comes off by pulling it down, as
there are hooks that keep it in place.  You'll need to
unscrew the seat belt anchor bolt in the rocker panel
to remove the belt from the cover (through the hole.)

The cover has an MB-Tex covering that is glued in
place.  When the tex shrinks from age, it delaminates
and comes off the metal cover.

Go to a good bodyshop supply place or a NAPA, and buy
a can of 3M Spray Trim Adhesive, #8074.

If the cover has just delaminated around the edges,
mask off the parts and spray both per the
instructions, let dry, then put them together.  If a
lot of it has delaminated, try peeling it completely
off and regluing the whole thing.

Be sure to do this AWAY FROM THE CAR!  The 3M adhesive
will attack paint.

Dan (known in other circles as the "Mercedes Martha
Stewart")

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?