A couple of weeks ago I started getting the occasional spam msg on this
address.  I don't use this address for anything else, so not sure how it
got picked up, perhaps from someone with whom I have corresponded who
picked up some kind of spam virus.  The msgs have zip and pdf
attachments, and get deleted immediately.  I guess there is no way to
stop it now, other than urging everyone to do a scan to make sure their
machines are not being used for spambots or other nastiness.

--R