In a message dated 7/31/2007 10:50:52 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The POS  SDL had severe odo tampering, but no indication that the
whole  cluster was changed from original.  Just got rolled back over  100k

ALL,
Of course this is not new to the world of used cars.  In 1969, I  bought a
used 65 Olds 98 from a Dodge dealer, with just over 50,000 on the  odometer.
It
was less than 5 years old and that mileage seemed plausible,  given the
condition of the car.  Turned out it was a salesman's car and  spent a lot of
time
on the highway.  It spun a rod bearing on my first  trip and I spent most of
my vacation overhauling the engine.   I later  found documentation that this
car had reached 83,000 TWO years earlier.

The fact is, after the overhaul, this BECAME a great road car with the
export 375 HP engine and the first of the switch-pitch torque converters in
front
of a great turbo 400 transmission.

Buyer beware, 'nuff said!

Jim  Friesen