In a message dated 7/31/2007 4:02:18 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Mitch  Haley wrote:
> Went to wally world last night. All the 5qts except  for
> extended life were $19.94. 4qts of 5W-40 were still  $22.xx.
> Extended stuff was $27.xx.
> Grabbed four jugs (5  gallons) of non-extended 15W-50 for
> Benz and lawn eqpt for $80. Using  inflation adjusted $$,
> that's a better deal than when a local  convenience store
> had M1 on clearance for $2 a quart in 1987. (but in  1987
> it came in those shiny steel cans, I miss  those)

All,

The Sunday Paper had a Pep Boys ad with QS Or Pennzoil pure synthetics for
$1.99/QT, after mail in rebate.  You will need the coupon from the ad to  get
the sale price and $3/quart rebate on 6 quarts

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 267 K miles
98 ML 320, 151 K  miles