"LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Used prices are traditionally set at 50% of the new cost, or less
> depending on availability and supply/demand.
>
> If you are looking for parts at a junk yard you should *always* know
> the price of the part new before going in.

The price I paid was about 20 - 25% of the new cost, which I had
already determined at the dealer, though they refused to order the
part for me which is why I ended up at the junkyard.

The guy first asked if I already had gotten a quote ("no") then made a
show of looking in a couple of books he pulled from an immense pile on
his desk.  In the end I think he pulled a number out of the air.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230