I would dive in, but SWMBA is very upset with my wrenching and cursed
me for allowing a $1.50 part install to lock up the trans.  She has
taken my wrenches and is contemplating my coming out of retirement to
give me something other to do than break cars.  Has something to do
with wanting me to get out of her garage so she can part there this
winter.

On 1 Aug 2007, at 06:12, Jim Cathey wrote:

> Sadly, I only have one spare.  (If I had two dead rats
> I'd give you one...)  To really twist the knife, though,
> it was sitting in the bed of a pickup truck next to
> its source in the U-Pull one day.  They'd been after
> the clutch or something...  I figured that it wasn't
> going to get any easier than that to procure the spare
> I was interested in.  (For the Frankenheap.)  I didn't
> even have to stoop to pick it up.
>
> Honestly I find it hard to believe that your tranny
> is actually dead.  Locked up, sure.  But I'd think
> you could grab a wrench and dive into it and probably
> get it loose again.
>
> -- Jim

Clay
Seattle Bioburner