Levi,
  I tow cars all of the time......It is illegal to tow with a strap unless
the car has tags.

You need to use a towbar to be legal...........Simply take a piece of
heavy pipe and run a chain through the middle and attach it to both cars
as tight as you can get it........The cops really look for if you are
being safe and smooth while towing rather than what you are towing with
around here.

If you need, I have a trailer if you have a truck........My truck will be
up and running again soon.

Mike