i had a local SF Bay Area indy tell me last week he doesn't buy 123
diesels that aren't running and in perfect condition anymore; the dearth
of "Berkeley hippies" buying them to run what they think are going to be
free biofuels has resulted in a glut of cars that have been trashed by
bad fuel(s) and lack of proper maintenance... that combined with the
increases in prices of parts and decreasing availability has made the
123s much less desirable.
    at least that's *his* story... and that was just after he told me he
sold his rather beat daily driver TD in a heartbeat when someone offered
him $5 out of the blue for it, complaining that he hadn't been able to
find one in 6 months of shopping.   ;-*

cheers!