Way low on freon -- high side at 70F and 1500 rpm with compressor
engaged should be about 250 psi.  The other choice is a bad compressor,
but you should have more pressure than that in the low side if the
compressor is bad.  May have a bad low pressure cutout switch (or it's
wired around) too.

The evaporator can be cleaned by removing the blower and spraying it
with evaporator cleaner (don't use anything that can corrode aluminum).
  Likely the screed over it is packed solid with crap.

You do NOT want to remove the evaporator if it is not indeed
leaking.....