Don't get me started. Uh Oh, I think I'm starting:

Being a sports star in this country is akin to being royalty. You are
often above the law - especially if you are non-white.

Having recently gone "back to school" as a 35-something to get my
degree, it was very telling to sit in the classrooms and walk the
halls with the jocks. They really do live that same attitude that you
see in the pro sports stars. Their physical abilities place them in a
higher class. And they carry themselves with that whole air of having
somehow come from the hard streets of the inner city or something.
It's that "playa - bling-bling" attitude to put it politely. Hilarious
seeing this at a private college in rural Minnesota.

One of the main reasons I have trouble getting behind any sports team
is that there is no loyalty. I mean, if you, for example, are with the
Phoenix Suns, I think you ought to make Phoenix your primary residence
- preferably have been raised there - and love it, and you ought to
try to stay on your home team your whole career because you believe in
it. Then I could believe in the athlete and get behind the team.

Brian