I'll take a dependable old 7.3 turbo over a Cummins in a Ford any

'there's nothin' wrong with the old IDI engines as long as you use the
necessary coolant additives to prevent or lower the risk of cavitation.  I
bought a good '86 F350 6.9L diesel crewcab dually that had the engine
rebuilt ***AGAIN*** under warranty.  One cylinder had a wormhole in it,and
coolant was blowing out around the air cleaner.  After the problem was
corrected, it was a wonderful truck for 4 years.

Kevin in Portland, OR
1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula