Slightly related, but I used to bring my 1959 P544S Volvo battery into the
apartment to bunk down in the warmth every night when I lived in St. Paul; I
also plugged in the dipstick heater.  The car always started the next
morning but the gloves I used to carry the battery disintegrated by
springtime from the leaking battery aid.  Ah those were the days.....