From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of BillR
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 7:06 AM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Was Virtual Pillory: Come jeer at the idiot!,now handguns
& the law

Good addition to the discussion.  I have never owned a gun, though mom and
dad had a 22 rifle and pistol in the house and we had to take training on
the rifle when I was a kid [they always thought the pistol was safely tucked
away, but I used that one more than the rifle.  I am considering buying one
now, not for self protection, but sport.  I have a few sets of throwing
knives that I enjoy, but am getting to the point that I don't have enough
cool weather for months here to throw them - easy to get out of practice.  I
am thinking about getting a pistol just to see if I could get any
proficiency with it.  My son bought a handgun when he was away from home for
several tours with the USAF and didn't live in an area where he felt his
wife was safe alone.  He made sure she was trained on it [she was also
military].  We went to a range and I discovered those things are not so easy
to shoot accurately as TV shows might suggest.  Might be fun to try.  With
FL law I could probably carry it, but I wouldn't.  It would be locked in a
lockbox until I got to the range.
BillR
Jacksonville FL