The "N" speed is not yet a standard and will not become one for at
least a year.  One could get a router that is N speed, but should
also purchase the same brand N cards for use in laptop.  Keeps things
flowing well since the compatibility in by no mean guaranteed else wise

On 22 Aug 2007, at 12:17, Rich Thomas wrote:

> You want wireless or wired?  It doesn't really matter I guess, I use
> LinkSys stuff which seems to be fine, Belkin makes stuff (I have read
> where they are a bit easier to set up, but the LinkSys is not
> hard), and
> some other kinds.  They also come in various speeds (designated by
> letters, N is now the fastest, G was before) but that is more for
> inside
> your home network as your speed will be limited by your net cnxn.  You
> will probably need a DSL or cable modem too, into which the router
> plugs.  The slower routers are cheap, I have seen some new for $25,
> modems about that too.  The faster routers are up to $100.  You might
> just check around to see if you can find someone's used one if they
> have
> upgraded to a faster one.
>
> --R
>
> Peter T. Arnold wrote:
>> I need to start using a laptop.
>>
>> Time for me to learn about this newfangled WiFire stuff.
>>
>> Could someone aim me at a good Router for my home use (P/C(s) to
>> laptop}.
>>
>> I use WINDOZ and Broadband.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peter T. Arnold
>>
>> 2007 HHR, 2.4L/Auto, LT2, 12Kmi, No problems!
>> 1987 300SDL  280KMI  Inherited by Grandson
>> 1995 F-250 PowerChoke  199Kmi
>> 1954 Metropolitan Convertible, Hanger Queen
>> Wife has a Cruizer, 80 Kmi, as reliable as an Ice Box, the car
>> that is!

Clay
Seattle Bioburner

1972 220D - Gump