I wanted to run one of my RC cars, but it wasn't getting any exhaust
pressure into the fuel tank.  I noticed that the exhaust was leaking at the
header gasket, and I didn't have any of the $.50 gaskets on hand.  My dad
had some gasket paper lying around, and it was up and running a few minutes
later with a homemade gasket.

MB content:  One of my '78 300D's was leaking oil at the front of the
engine, and some searching revealed that it was the vac pump gasket.  Dad's
gasket paper came to the rescue once again, and it was as good as new.  We
stamped that one out with a hammer using the surface of the pump, and the
center which we pumched out was used for some more RC header gaskets.

Kevin in Portland, OR
1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula
2006 Sprinter PV 1.5K miles, The Box