I concluded that the ACC amplifier on my 1979 300TD suddenly went bad. (but
only after complete teardown and reassembly of the servo, which was my
original suspect).  VOM readings indicated all the inputs to the amp were OK
and when I opened the amp, it was clearly bad with heat marls on several
resistors and one resistor (I think) totally lose at one end (guess solder
melted).  But the servo, itself still runs nicely when I manually apply
voltage to the appropriate pins.

Question:  What's the right fix?  Does Jim Cathy have a trick for fixing
these?  Should I just buy a new $$$ one from Rusty?  Does Kaleb have a stack
of cheap used ones available?  Any inputs would be appreciated.

Scott Ritchey

1979 300TD 350k mi

1982 300SD 230k mi