William Tisdal wrote:
> I am driving the car approximately 3,000 miles per month and top off
> of antifreeze is usually every 45 days sometimes longer.

If you are getting much water into the combustion chamber you can cause
serious engine damage (I think it is a cavitation problem?).  If you're
driving it that much I would encourage alternate transportation until
you've got it fixed or at least slowed down the leak.

> I know,now, that I will be head shopping eventually. Does anyone have
>  any recommendations of how to decrease some of this pressure
> temporarily, and if so would it keep the water from going in when the
>  car cools down without so much back pressure.

There is a member on the list (Tom Hargrave) who has used some kind of
anti-freeze additive to hold off his head problem.  I think his head is
the exception to the rule though.

> Also, does anyone have any recommendations or help to locate the
> appropriate head for this car?

Rusty (the list sponsor) has them BRAND NEW with the updated casting so
it shouldn't crack again.  I think it is around $1600 for a bare head.

> I have heard so many nightmares of new heads doing the same thing.

Interesting... I haven't heard of any of the newer castings causing any
problems... its always the original #14 casting that is a problem.
Maybe if they re-built the #14 head?

Good luck!

John