From: Gary Hurst [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 10:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 220?

it's a ridiculous story.  modern supercars mostly can't break the 200mph
barrier but some low revving brick from the 60s could hit 220?  it's insane.

maybe 120.

On 9/2/07, Tom Hargrave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't remember any American muscle car having the ability to go over 140
MPH & most would float long before 140 MPH. The issue is that the overall
gear ratio would not support these speeds. The engine RPM would be so high
that the rods would stretch & the valves would float.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
256-656-1924
www.kegkits.com